Monday, January 3, 2011

It's raining, It's pouring, but we aren't snoring!

This weekend we went to Disneyland to celebrate "Nana's" Birthday. I was a little nervous about taking Hailey to Disneyland. I thought she may still be too young, but boy was I wrong! As soon as we walked through the gates, she was getting anxious. Even through the rain and the lack of a normal nap schedule, she was in great spirits all weekend.
Our first day there we decided to rent a stroller instead of taking the chance that ours would get stolen. The rental was really reasonable and it was nice to not worry about it parked in the "stroller parking lots" while we were having a blast on the rides. Hailey's favorite ride was "It's a small world". This made Nana VERY happy because this is also her favorite ride, and possibly the main reason that she loves Disneyland. Even though we got rained on most of the day, it wasn't too cold and none of us seemed to mind. We went back and forth between California Adventures and I just wasn't as impressed with CA as I used to be. The whole park seemed to be under construction and there really wasn't much for Hailey to do. Rachel and I took advantaged of the short lines due to the rain, and had a blast on Paradise Pier. Too bad my brother was too scared to join us.
On Sunday the whether took a turn for the worst and we all decided to skip the parks and hit up the local shopping of Anaheim. Across from our hotel their was a new mall, Garden Walk, so we decided to do lunch there and some shopping. We ended up eating at Johnny Rockets, which was delicious and the chef made Hailey some balloon animals which she loved. The shopping wasn't too great so we drove around and got "lost" although my dad didn't want to admit it. We ended up finding a huge children's store that my mom and I fell in love with! The rain really started coming down, but we headed to Downtown Disney to see what shops they had there. We ended up in Build a Bear to get out of the rain and I think that I had more fun building a bear than Hailey did.
On Monday we got about three hours in at Disneyland before the rain really started coming down. My dad and I left my mom and Hailey (napping) on the train ride and ventured out in the rain to hopefully walk on to Indiana Jones...NOT. The wait was still 65 minutes! Were these people crazy?? We decided to catch up with Nana and Hailey and call it a day.




Overall we all had a great time! Rain or shine. People are just happier in Disneyland. The Christmas decorations were beautiful and because of the rain, I saw a lot of attractions that we usually miss. Having Hailey there also gave us a new look on Disneyland. Happy Birthday Momma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment